About Me

My photo
I have been creating things since I was old enough to hold a pencil, a crayon or a needle. You may be surprised what you find here.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Purple Elf


This elf usually is perched on a long red ladder helping to string garland onto the Christmas tree. Her hat and scarf and hand knitted from the fine crochet thread used to make doilies and table clothes. Her boots were painted in the same manner as Jules' boots were, the cuffs are also leather.
As you may have noticed by now, even though I made them all from the same basic pattern, each one has their own personality. I love doing the needle sculpting, as I never know who is going to come out when I am done. The techniques are the same, but end result is always a surprise.
I hope you are enjoying the Christmas elves, some of my favorites are yet to come, so please do come back tomorrow.






ONLY TEN DAYS LEFT TO WIN A PAINTING

Post a comment, or follow this blog and win an original painting. Winner announced on 1/1/11.

Ways to help this blog grow -

  • Sign up to follow this blog
  • Tell a friend
  • Link to us on FaceBook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Post a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment