About Me

My photo
I have been creating things since I was old enough to hold a pencil, a crayon or a needle. You may be surprised what you find here.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

A favorite subject


Spooky is my oldest cat and apparently the one who appears most often in my painting. I must love the challenge of black on black!

One of his favorite things to do is to climb inside an article of clothing to take a nap, with just his nose sticking out. When he was just a kitten, one day he climbed inside one of my husbands polar fleece pullovers when I had a camera handy. This became my first painting of him.

This painting is pretty loose and flowing and one of my earlier efforts. I am always surprised to discover how many people like this one, as I consider it kind of primative. You are sure to see more paintings of Spooky in the weeks to come. When I first started painting again, cats and dogs were what I painted the most. And there was a reason for that, but that story is for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment