About Me

My photo
I have been creating things since I was old enough to hold a pencil, a crayon or a needle. You may be surprised what you find here.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

It started with a sketch

One morning last summer I was sitting on the sun porch, drinking my coffee and doing a Suduko. I happened to glance up to see my oldest cat sitting very upright - straining to see something outside the window. I quickly turned my paper over and with my pen tried to capture the pose. Of course, he moved into a different one as soon as I was half done. I started again with his new pose.

In the end I liked the juxtaposition of the two quick line drawings. I went down to the studio and grabbed a 5"x7" canvas and started to paint. My cat is all black. I didn't want to deal with that in this very quick painting. Forty five minutes later I had what I wanted.

It was fun, I should do more of this instead of worrying about failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment