About Me

My photo
I have been creating things since I was old enough to hold a pencil, a crayon or a needle. You may be surprised what you find here.

Friday, May 14, 2010

My most relaxing day


A few years ago I was actively involved with a local community theatre troupe. We did, and they still do, summer productions in a local park. At that time I was both President of the organization and the producer of the summer show in addition to my full time job at a well known non-profit organization. Needless to say, my life was very busy.

One of our good friends turned 50 that summer and to celebrate he invited all of his friends on a three hour cruise to nowhere on a catamaran. For those three hours I was in heaven. One of the many photos I took that day was a photo of my husband relaxing on the boat. Later when I decided to create a painting, trying to capture his essence, that was the photo I turned to.

Now, whenever I look at this painting, not only do I see the man I love, but I am back on the ocean, totally relaxed without a care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment